Darby Montana is one of the tucked-away treasures of the Bitterroot. With phenomenal hiking, hunting, and fishing this is every outdoorsmen’s dream! Nothing beats those close-knit communities, like Darby, where everybody knows everybody and kids can ride bikes around town without a care in the world.
Restaurants we LOVE:
- Little Blue Joint- The best little pub for some greasy food and drinks!
- Bandit Brewing Co.- Looking for a good beer? Bandit brewings got it!
- The Broad Axe- This back mountain restaurant is the complete Darby experience. Lodging is also available tucked into the Bitterroot National Forest. http://www.broadaxelodge.com/index.html
- Triple Creek Ranch- Availability is scarce for this high-end luxury resort but well worth the wait and expense. Lodging, horseback rides, snowshoeing and out-of-this-world food are all available. https://www.triplecreekranch.com/
- Skiing- Lost Trail Powder Mountain is where winters in Montana are spent. Only 25 minutes from Darby to incredible mountains of snow. https://www.losttrail.com/
- Fishing: Fishing is a must when in the Bitterroot, and Darby has some of the best! Ask us about recommended guides, or places to go.
- Hiking: The best hiking in the Bitterroot is in Darby! The West fork and East fork connect to some of the most scenic trails in Montana. A few of my favorites are Chaffin Creek, Trapper Peak, Lake Como, and Baker Lake.
- Hunting- Hunting Season for dear and elk in the late fall/winter, but there is always bird, bear, cat or even shed hunting here in Darby.
- Rodeos- Darby hosts rodeos often, and are always a blast! https://www.darbyrodeo.org/
Sorry we are experiencing system issues. Please try again.